Monday 12 November 2018

Review: Renegade

Renegade Renegade by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My introduction to Laramie Briscoe came through Menace, book five in the Moonshine Task Force series, and since then I have wanted more. Thus, I decided it was finally time to go back to the start of the series and work my way through it. After all, I adored Menace and was excited to find out more about the characters.

If I’m being completely honest, I was a wee bit unsure about Renegade at first. It was an interesting story, I was more than happy to power through it, but it wasn’t pulling the intended emotions out of me. I was curious, but I wasn’t wholly invested. Nevertheless, as I was enjoying it I continued.

Part way through my feelings changed.

The story went from being ‘okay’ to being ‘hot damn, I cannot turn the pages fast enough’. A switch was flicked, and I found myself obsessed. I fell in love with the characters and the events, and I could not get enough of the story. It may have been a slow starter, but once I was invested I found the story impossible to put down.

As much as I did come to enjoy the main characters, I think I was more interested in the side characters and the promise of what will come to pass in book two. With such a great cast of characters, it’s no surprise I found myself invested in everyone – yet I am super eager for book two.

Without a doubt, I’ll be diving into Tank soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment