Saturday 22 June 2019

Review: The Devil's Heir

The Devil's Heir The Devil's Heir by Angel Nyx
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Angel Nyx is an author willing to try different genres, and I’m happy to dive into each new release no matter the type of story. Although I’ve enjoyed all my Angel Nyx reads there is no doubt in my mind that the author’s best work is of the paranormal variety. There’s just something about Angel Nyx’s paranormal books that pull me in deeper, making them my favourite of the author’s work.

Thus, as you can imagine I was eager to dive into The Devil’s Heir. I love a good demon read and had high hopes for this was, leaving me ready for a standalone Angel Nyx paranormal read whilst having the secret hope it would become another paranormal series from the author.

The first half of The Devil’s Heir had me hooked, I was sucked in and loving what was happening. It was a four-star rating, one I could not get enough of. The second half of The Devil’s Heir was a different matter. I was still hooked, but I was expecting a wee bit more from it than what we were given. It was still interesting, I continued to enjoy it, but it was a three-star rating. I spent a while contemplating whether I was going to round this three-point-five-star rating up or down and went with down in the end. I certainly enjoyed it, but it wasn’t my favourite Angel Nyx read.

The reason for this is that I was expecting a wee bit more when the big events played out at the end of the story. There was so much talk about war that I expected it to take up a large part of the story, not for it to be over in a couple of chapters. Sure, there were other things involved, but I expected the war aspect of the story to be more explosive. It was the thing I was most excited for, and I feel as though I blinked and it was over. Don’t get me wrong, there were other interesting things happen in the latter half of the book, but I feel like most of these things happened much quicker than I was expecting.

Nonetheless, I had fun with this one and will certainly read book two if there is a second book. With the things introduced at the end, I’m sure there will be – at least, I hope there will be as I’m curious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment