Saturday 15 June 2019

Review: Taming a Defiant Duke

Taming a Defiant Duke Taming a Defiant Duke by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My introduction to Tammy Andresen was through the Taming the Heart series, and since the initial series ended I’ve been eager for the spin-off series featuring the children. With the eighth book in the Taming the Heart series, we get that spin-off book. Rather than being a separate series, book eight starts us off years after the prior books. It’s like starting season two.

I would certainly recommend giving the prior books in the Taming the Heart series a read, as they’re certainly enjoyable stories, but it’s not necessary to have read the prior books to enjoy Taming a Defiant Duke. Taming a Defiant Duke is a complete standalone, one that introduces us to characters that will have their own stories in the future but does so whilst ensuring we get a complete story.

Although I would not label Taming a Defiant Duke my favourite Tammy Andresen read – I’ve read so many at this point, I have a very clear list of favourites – it has all the classic Tammy Andresen hallmarks that ensure I devoured this one in no time at all. It’s great for a quick read, and it certainly had me hooked throughout.

As ever, it’s a short read that packs a punch. There is plenty of drama throughout, ensuring you’ll be turning the pages to see how everything comes together. There is great chemistry between the characters, ensuring you’ll be hooked to their developing story. It’s an addictive little read, ensuring you’ll be back for more.

Without a doubt, this is a great continuation of the Taming the Heart series and is a wonderful start to the next set of stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment