Monday 24 June 2019

Review: Scars of Silk

Scars of Silk Scars of Silk by Anna Bloom
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I adored Anna Bloom’s Tears of… trilogy and was excited for Scars of Silk. It’s a spin-off with characters I really enjoyed, and I was curious to see how everything played out between them.

I’m going to be honest and say this is best read if you have knowledge of the Tears of… series. This is more a companion story than a story within itself, and it wasn’t quite what I’d expected. There was so much talk of what was going on in the final Tears of… book that it was like reading the story all over again. I’d been expecting more of a standalone novel, a novel that would stand well without needing knowledge of the Tears off… series, and this wasn’t quite that.

Don’t get me wrong, it was an enjoyable quick read. It was one I powered through, finishing in no time at all. I had fun seeing more of the characters, it was interesting to get an insight into their lives, but I’d been hoping for more. We only touched the surface with them, and I wanted to go even deeper into their stories.

For fans of the Tears of… series, this is a nice little bonus. It’s not my favourite in the series, but it works as a nice extra.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment