Friday 28 June 2019

Review: Einstein's Compass

Einstein's Compass Einstein's Compass by Grace Allison Blair
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Einstein’s Compass is a book that combines a range of genres, offering plenty throughout to keep the reader hooked. I was a wee bit sceptical at first, as I was unsure how such a story would play out, but once I started reading I found I could not put it down. In fact, it was a book I found myself happy to complete in a single sitting.

Einstein’s Compass wasn’t what I was expecting, not in the least. Although it gives the reader exactly what the blurb offered, I’d imagined a very different kind of story. It made for an interesting surprise and added to the reason why I was happy to devour this so quickly. Instead of a story made entirely of a young Einstein travelling through time and space, this story focused more on how the elements tangled together to influence Einstein’s life. It was a different take on the usual time travel adventures, and it made it all the more interesting.

I will admit, however, that I had been hoping for a wee bit more time travel than we were given. It’s the reason why my rating is a three-point-five-star rating. I wanted to see more of Einstein in different times and places, as it was my most anticipated part of the story. That is not to say I was disappointed by what we were given, simply that I wanted more scenes in which we got to see Einstein outside of his own time.

Overall, Einstein’s Compass is a great read for fans of unique young adult stories. It offers something different, combining many great elements, and makes for an additive read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment