Thursday 13 June 2019

Review: Third to Tumble

Third to Tumble Third to Tumble by Alexa Whitewolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alexa Whitewolf grabbed me with the first Moonlight Rogues book and since I have been happy to dive into each new book. As excited as I’ve been for each, I had the most excitement for Third to Tumble. Why? Because Finn is my favourite of the guys. I’m always excited for a new book in a series I love, but I was extra excited to read about my favourite character.

Although the romance in this one is a standalone, I do recommend reading the prior books in the Moonlight Rogues series first. Things have been building throughout the series, things continue to build throughout this book, and there’s so much promise for the final book, all of which is better enjoyed if you’ve read things in order (the prequel included). Provided you have read the prior books, you’re in for a serious ride with Third to Tumble.

I thought I knew what I was going to get with Third to Tumble, but I was wrong. Alexa Whitewolf has created a fabulous world with the Moonlight Rogues series, with each book introducing us to a different mythology and sucking us in deep. The same was true with this one. The mythology was wonderful, and there was much more to it than just the werewolves. However, what really shocked me was the direction in which the story moved.

I was not ready for the way things played out in this one. It wasn’t what I’d anticipated, at all. It surprised me in the best way possible, ensuring I completed this one in a single sitting. The story goes in completely unexpected directions, and there are moments where you will be left with your mouth hanging open. I could write so much about how surprising this one is, but I have no wish to give spoilers. Just know, it’s a shocking read in all the right ways.

Without a doubt, I’m super eager for the fourth book in the series. I need to see how things play out from here. There are so many things I cannot wait to see more of, and I’m desperate to find out how things end. There is no doubt in my mind that I’ll devour the book the moment I get my hands on it.

If you’ve yet to give the Moonlight Rogues series a read, you need to amend that issue. It’s a hidden gem, one more than worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment