Monday 17 June 2019

Review: Fusion World

Fusion World Fusion World by Joseph Lewis Tamone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good science-fiction read, and Joseph Lewis Tamone certainly offers up an addictive addition to the genre with the first Philanthropy book. With Fusion World, we’re introduced to an interesting story that will leave readers desperate to see what the next book in the series will bring.

With Fusion World, we have one of those science-fiction reads where the science-fiction is prominent without being heavy. The scientific aspects of the story certainly play a large role in what is happening, but the story focuses more upon the characters and the war taking place. It’s one of those science-fiction novels perfect for reads that prefer their science-fiction to be on the lighter side of things.

Although I usually prefer heavier science-fiction, I found myself easily sucked into this one. I was curious about how things would come together and was happy with the way details came together in the end. The only thing that didn’t really work for me was the characters. I know many will love them, but I’m not crazy about the current trend whereby almost juvenile humour is used in serious situations. It’s entertaining once or twice, but the current trend seems to be taking it to extremes. Those enjoying the current trend, however, will have a lot of fun with the constant one-liners from characters.

Overall, Fusion World was an interesting start to what promises to be an addictive series, and I’m curious to see what the second book brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment