Wednesday 26 June 2019

Review: Killer Intent

Killer Intent Killer Intent by Tony Kent
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After hearing so many positive things about Killer Intent, I was eager to dive into the story for myself. I’m always on the lookout for new thriller authors to watch, and I had high hopes Tony Kent would be added to the list. Unfortunately, I’m in the minority with this one.

I can certainly see the appeal of Killer Intent. With short and snappy chapters, things happen at a rapid pace. We follow multiple individuals, watching the way everything comes together, and it’s a book you can power through in no time at all. There’s action and political intrigue, which will pull people in, and they’ll want to see how everything comes together.

My issue is that I worked things out far too quickly. The moment the bad guys were introduced I knew they were behind all that was happening. As more was added to the story I hoped I was wrong, I hoped it was a case of countless red herrings, but such was not the case. I was correct in my extremely early assumption about the people behind the crime, and it killed my enjoyment of the rest of the story. I wanted to be shocked, but as it was I read simply to confirm I was correct.

I’m clearly in the minority, though. Everyone seems to love this because it’s fast and action packed, yet I was disappointed by how simple it was.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment