Friday 7 June 2019

Review: Lock In

Lock In Lock In by John Scalzi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lock In was my second John Scalzi read, and my feelings towards this one are much the same as my first read from the author. Lock In was an addictive read, yet there was something missing that stopped me from being truly wowed. I powered through the story, but in the end I had wanted a wee bit more.

With Lock In, we have one of those science fiction mysteries I have a lot of fun with. Both aspects were done well, although neither was ever taken to the extreme I had expected. The science fiction was rather light and the mystery was straightforward, but neither aspect stopped me from being addicted. It was an easy read, but it was one that left you turning the pages.

However, there was just something that left me feeling a wee bit disappointed. I think it’s a case of how easily everything came together, as I expected something a bit more complex. I certainly liked the way things came together, but I wanted more from it.

Overall, this was another addictive read from the author. I may give the second Lock In book a read, but it’s far from the top of my to-read list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment