Thursday 14 June 2018

Review: Bring Me Their Hearts

Bring Me Their Hearts Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sara Wolf’s Bring Me Their Hearts is one of those books to have grabbed my attention because I’m seeing so many people reading and loving the book. With the promise of something a bit different in the young adult fantasy genre, of something a bit darker, I was more than willing to grab the book and give it a try.

As a lover of young adult fantasy who is a bit disenchanted with all the repetition I’ve been seeing as of late, Bring me Their Hearts was a nice refreshing read. When comparing Bring Me Their Hearts to all the other young adult fantasy books I have been reading lately, this one really stands out – it most certainly is not the same story I have already read numerous times in the guise of something different, rather it is something unique that has left me more than willing to dive into the future books in the series.

I will be honest and say this one did take me a wee while to get into. We’re introduced to a new world and way of magic, one that is slow to develop into a full picture. As a fan of new interesting worlds, as a fan of something different, I was more than happy to work with the slow build to get myself the full interesting picture. Once the world does develop in full, it was a lot of fun and I found myself desperate for even more. It may not have been as dark as I hoped for, but such is often the case with young adult fantasy, and I was more than happy with what I was given.

With interesting characters, an addictive storyline, a fun new world to understand, and something completely different to the norm, Bring Me Their Hearts was a book I was more than willing to power through. Once I started the story I could not put it down, and at the end I was left desperate to get my hands on the second book. I need more of the characters, I need more of the world, and I desperately need answers as to what comes next.

There is no doubt in my mind I will be reading the next book Sara Wolf releases in this series, as I need to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment