Tuesday 12 June 2018

Review: Destiny's Gambit

Destiny's Gambit Destiny's Gambit by R.J. Wood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Destiny’s Gambit is the first book in R.J. Wood’s The Voyages of Jake Flynn series, and it’s an enjoyable quick read.

In truth, my rating is more of a three-point-five-star rating rather than the three-star rating I gave it. The rounding down is a reflection of my reading mood as of late, where I’m enjoying things yet nothing seems to be blowing my mind in the way I had hoped. I’m sure many will enjoy this much more than my weird reading mood allowed me to.

Destiny’s Gambit is a fun science fiction read, one that introduces us to an exciting new universe. There is so much introduced in this one, leaving us with so many possibilities for the future books. There really are so many things I cannot wait to see more of, so many elements I’m excited to dive deeper into, leaving me more than willing to dive straight into book two. It’s not just the possibilities that had me excited to dive into the second book, though. The characters were really enjoyable, and I was more than willing to continue watching their growth.

An enjoyable little read, one I’m sure many will really enjoy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment