Monday 18 June 2018

Review: The Cottages on Silver Beach

The Cottages on Silver Beach The Cottages on Silver Beach by RaeAnne Thayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Cottages on Silver Beach is the eighth book in RaeAnne Thyne’s Haven Point series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. In fact, it has left me extremely eager for book nine – there is such build up for Season of Wonder, and I really cannot wait to dive into it.

The Haven Point series builds upon each prior book, introducing us to more and more of the characters, allowing us to watch the stories unfold as we get to know each individual. It is possible to read each book as a standalone novel, but you do get a better understanding if you read the books in order – I’ve only read Serenity Harbor and Sugar Pine Trail, books six and seven, and even I still find myself a little bit confused by the cast due to having missed the first few books. It does not lessen your enjoyment of the stories if you just dive into the books that interest you the most, but having all the knowledge certainly helps.

With The Cottages on Silver Beach, we’re given another story that grips you from the very first page. In fact, these books are ones I can complete in no time at all – once I’m pulled in (which happens within pages), I find it is near impossible to put the book down. You’re sucked into the story, you fall in love with the characters, and the details leave you desperately turning the pages at a rapid pace as you hunt for your answers.

Anyone who knows my reading habits will know I’m an eclectic reader, yet most of my romance reads tend to be on the steamier side of things. The Haven Point series, however, is one of the exceptions to my usual romance reads – this is a super sweet series, one where the adorable story sucks me in, and the gorgeous romance keeps me hooked throughout. There is always emotion to be felt with these books, we’re always given something more than just a love story, and it keeps me hooked throughout.

As I’ve mentioned, this book does build a lot into the next book. In many ways, I would consider this book and the next book an unofficial duology within the series, as they link together so much. In fact, this was part of the reason why I gave this a four-star rating and not something higher – I felt as though the ending came together much too quickly, that we were never quite given the depth I would have liked, and I still have too many questions for a book that can be read as a standalone.

Overall, though, I adored this one. Without a doubt, The Cottages on Silver Beach is another strong addition to the Haven Point series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment