Tuesday 19 June 2018

Review: Heaven Adjacent

Heaven Adjacent Heaven Adjacent by Catherine Ryan Hyde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Heaven Adjacent was my first Catherine Ryan Hyde read, and it certainly hit numerous spots throughout the story. If I’m being completely honest, I wasn’t sure what I was going to receive at first as it took a while before I was sucked into the book, but by the end I found I’d rather enjoyed this one.

It is hard to explain this story without giving too much away, without writing out all that happened. Just know it is a story that deals with numerous topics throughout, a story that looks at many different elements in life. It’s about finding what makes you happy, about realising what we have when we overlook the material things. It is a story that focuses on relationships, on finding what we need, and it certainly holds the attention once it grabs it.

As I mentioned, it does take a few chapters before you’re completely sucked in. You’re intrigued from the very start, but it takes a while before everything starts to come together. We get insights into so many things, and it isn’t until the details start to come to life, that we start getting the smaller details, that we are really pulled in.

Without a doubt, this is a story that slowly wins you over.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment