Monday 4 June 2018

Review: The Forever Song

The Forever Song The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Forever Song is the final book in Julie Kagawa’s Blood of Eden series, and it’s safe to say it is my favourite of the three books. In fact, it’s bumped up the last two books in Julie Kagawa’s Talon series on my to-read list, as I need to know if the other series I’m reading from the author ends on the same kind of high this one did. Honestly, it was such a solid ending to the series.

Recently I’ve been diving into a lot of series that are incomplete, and I needed something complete to give me that satisfied feeling you get when everything comes together. Hence why I decided to dive into the Blood of Eden series, being more than willing to power through the three books. I’m so glad this one finished with a high, as it finally filled up the empty space that had been growing within from all the open endings I’ve been surrounding myself with.

As the Blood of Eden series spent a long time sitting on my to-read list, I was glad to find I enjoyed The Immortal Rules when I finally worked my way around to it. It wasn’t quite all I had hoped it would be, but it was a great read. I didn’t quite enjoy The Eternity Cure quite as much, but the ending left me super excited for the conclusion. Although things in The Forever Song did start off a bit slow, by the time we reached the end I had been won over in so many ways.

When you reach the final book in a series, you always have a lot of things you wish to see happen and a lot of questions you want answers to. With The Forever Song, I received those things. There was a lot more action in this one, which I adored, as I’d been waiting for some serious fighting scenes to play out. The romance, surprisingly, won me over (I’m not a crazy shipper of the couple, but I did come to appreciate them in the end). There was character development – and even the character who had grown to annoy me in the prior book was enjoyed in this one. There were answers to questions, we got to watch as things came together, and the world continued to build so well. There was emotion to be experienced, both the good and the bad.

All in all, this book gave the necessities of a strong final book. I think I may have to go and give the prequel a read now, just to get that bit more of this world.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment