Monday 2 December 2019

Review: Dirty Game

Dirty Game Dirty Game by Mika Lane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dirty Game is the first book in Mika Lane’s Anti-Hero Chronicles, and it has me curious to see what the rest of the series brings. Although it is not my favourite Mika Lane read, it is certainly one that had me hooked throughout.

A quick read, Dirty Game is a story that is easy to devour in a single sitting. With plenty packed into the story, things are constantly happening throughout this one. Once it starts, it does not let up, ensuring you will be unable to put it down.

As much as I enjoyed the speed of this one, I did want a wee bit more from it. I feel like the emotions between the characters happened a bit too quickly for my liking, and I prefer my mafia reads to be a bit darker. This is personal preference, though, and I’m certainly curious to see what comes next. After all, this one had a lot of unanswered questions and I’m eager to see them resolved in the future books.

Without a doubt, Dirty Game makes for a wonderful quick read. It hooks you, and you’ll be finished in no time, left wanting more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment