Friday 6 December 2019

Review: Moroda

Moroda Moroda by L.L. McNeil
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Moroda is the first book in L.L. McNeil’s World of Linaria series, and it sets things up for what promises to be an interesting fantasy series. Although I enjoyed this one and am curious to see what comes next, I wasn’t quite as obsessed with it as I had hoped to be.

Moroda offers a ragtag group and a storyline that offers lots. There is so much that happened throughout this book, with the promise of much more for the series, and this had me turning the pages to see how everything came together. It’s a book that offers what fantasy lovers need in their books, along with providing some unique aspects.

As gripped as I was, I will admit it took a while before I was completely sucked in. The reason for this is how long it took me to understand the world. I’m a huge fan of world building – I love rich and complex worlds – and I fear I never quite understood this one as well as I would have liked. Things become a lot clearer later in the book, but at the start I was confused about things. Now I understand the world, I feel I will enjoy the next books more, but the fact it took so long for me to understand this one means I wasn’t quite won over by it in the way I had hoped to be.

All in all, Moroda is a solid start to what promises to be a great fantasy series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment