Wednesday 18 December 2019

Review: Rules for Vanishing

Rules for Vanishing Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m not usually a reader of young adult horror – I find they do not have the creepy factor I require, being tamed all the way down for younger audiences – but Kate Alice Marshall’s Rules for Vanishing had me curious. Tentative it would not creepy me out in any way, but still curious.

Although I was right about Rules for Vanishing not being creepy, it did hook me from the start. I could not put this one down, and happily devoured it. I was eager to see how all the pieces came together, and it gripped me even though it did not creep me out.

Told in a style that slowly dips information, I was hooked on every page. I worked out a few things, there were some details I would have liked more of, but it was not enough to lessen my enjoyment. It gripped me in the best possible way.

Rules for Vanishing is well worth the read if you’re a fan of young adult horror, and I’ll certainly be looking out for more of the author’s work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment