Sunday 22 December 2019

Review: The Perfect Christmas

The Perfect Christmas The Perfect Christmas by Annabelle Anders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m not the biggest fan of short stories, but I am a big fan of Annabelle Anders. Thus, when I found out there was to be a short in the Not So Saintly Sisters series, I was more than happy to dive in. Although this is not my favourite Annabelle Anders read, it is a wonderful story.

The Perfect Christmas gives us a quick little read, providing us with the story of one of the side characters we were introduced to earlier in the series. You do not need to have read the other books in the series to understand this one, as it works perfectly fine as a standalone short story, but I do recommend reading them for a wee bit more information on the characters. However you go about it, this quick story will have you hooked.

Although I enjoyed this one from the start, I did fear I would not love it in the way I have loved other books from the author. It was enjoyable, yes, but I was unsure if I would love our male lead in the way I have loved other male leads from the author. The details we had left me unsure, but as the story progressed, I fell for him.

As always, the relationship between the characters was wonderful. They sucked me right in and I could not get enough, with our male lead winning me over in a big way. I adored their interactions, wearing a stupid smile on my face (as I often do when reading Annabelle Anders), and happily finished this one in a single sitting.

If you’re looking for a great historical romance, one that is a quick read, The Perfect Christmas is well worth grabbing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment