Monday 16 December 2019

Review: Sole Survivor

Sole Survivor Sole Survivor by Dean Koontz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a big Dean Koontz fan, I’m always eager to dive into his book, and I’ve slowly been working my way through his backlist. Although I have found a few books I haven’t loved, I’ve enjoyed the majority. With Sole Survivor, we have a book where my rating sits in the middle.

At first, I was intrigued by this one. There were many aspects I was curious about, details that had me hooked. I was happy to power through it, turning the pages at a rapid pace. However, I did find this one dragged a bit at times. There were certain details I would have liked to see more of, certain aspects that were never given the depth I would have liked, and the ending left me wishing there had been a bit more.

All in all, there were some good ideas with this one, but it was not done as well as other Koontz book. It’s worth a read if you’re a Koontz fan, but I would not recommend it as an introduction to his work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment