Friday 6 December 2019

Review: Her Boss

Her Boss Her Boss by Kat Catesby
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Although Her Boss is the second book in Kat Catesby’s All For Her series, it can be read as a standalone novel. Whilst some may enjoy this as a standalone novel, it fell into a trap I really dislike.

A lot of what happened at the start of this book played out in time with the events of the prior books in the series. Due to this, I did not much care for the main characters in this one. I was more interested in what was going on with the other characters, and it made it difficult for me to care about what was happening with the duo.

I’m sure if I’d read the prior books in the series, I would have found more enjoyment with this one. I would have known the characters and would have enjoyed getting to see a different perspective with things, but only for a while. Too much time passed with us focusing on those events of the prior book, and my interested waned too much.

Plus, the internal monologues of the male lead weren’t the kind I’m crazy about. Some will adore this – I can see many people enjoying it – but I’m not a fan of this type of storytelling. This, however, is purely personal preference. I thought this would be the type of story for me, but it wasn’t – this is on me, not the author, and I’m sure there are plenty who will enjoy this one.

All in all, this was a ‘it’s me, not you’ situation, as I’m very picky.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment