Monday 2 December 2019

Review: Luminescent Lotus

Luminescent Lotus Luminescent Lotus by Angel Nyx
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Luminescent Lotus is the fifth book in Angel Nyx’s NOLA Shifters series, and as with all the books in the series it works as a standalone novel. For fans of the series, you do get to see some of the couples from the prior books, but they are very much in the background with this one.

As with all the books in the NOLA Shifters series, this one had me pulled in from the start. It was a story I happily devoured in a single sitting, being a quick read that keeps you turning the pages. Although I was hooked, I’m going to be honest and say this is not my favourite book in the series.

Luminescent Lotus offers something different to the prior books, expanding the shifter world once more. I loved how we were given something different, an aspect of the world that is rarely looked at in paranormal romance. It was different, unique, and I really liked this. As much as I enjoyed it, I do prefer a bit more action in my paranormal romance reads. This, of course, is just personal preference. There was one element of this story that could have resulted in a lot of suspense. As it was, it was interesting but not quite to the level I enjoy. As I said, however, this is personal preference.

As the fifth book in the series, Luminescent Lotus is another addictive read. If you’re a fan of the series, it’s certainly worth grabbing. I may not be labelling this one my favourite, but I certainly enjoyed being given something a wee bit different.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment