Saturday 21 December 2019

Review: Two

Two Two by Jane Blythe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After finishing One, I was eager to dive into Two to see what happened next in Jane Blythe’s Count to Ten series. I had been hoping things would pick up where the prior book left off, continuing the storyline, but this one was separate from the first.

At first, such left me disappointed. I need to know what came next for the characters in the first book, I need answers to my lingering questions. Although my disappointment remained, I did grow curious about this one. I did not enjoy it as much as the first book, but it did have me powering through it.

As with the first book, the mystery aspect of this story was really interesting. There were some elements I could not buy into – some details were a bit too farfetched, some aspects did not follow police procedure, some elements seemed to be missing to keep people guessing – but it did not stop me from being curious. There was plenty to uncover, and I was happy to keep reading.

Also like the first book, I did not buy into the romance with this one. It felt flat, I did not feel anything for the relationship, and it annoyed me a little bit. In some ways, I think this would have done better as a suspense, not a romantic suspense.

All in all, an enjoyable second book. I did not enjoy it as much as the first, but it has me curious about the rest of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment