Friday 15 July 2016

Review: Orientation

Orientation Orientation by Mac Flynn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is another of those downloads that I purchased simply because of the word ‘free’. I’ve said it before, and I’ll sure I’ll say it many more times, but I’m a sucker for the word free. I give so many books a try for that reason alone, venturing into genres I wouldn’t usually read. Sometimes it works out, other times it does not.

With this one, it did not work out.

In truth, a part of me wished to give this read a single star rating. However, I’ve recently read a number of other books in this genre that are… well, much more deserving of a one star rating, if I’m to put it as politely as possible. Therefore, this isn’t quite a full two star rating yet I couldn’t bring it down to a one star, as it wasn’t quite as bad as others I have read and given a single star rating.

It’s a quick read, one you can complete in no time at all. It’s also one of those sequence pieces, where we are given a section of the story at a time. I’m not the biggest fan of such things, but occasional I read one interesting enough to leave me wanting to read the rest of the sequence. Whilst this one does end in such a way that you’re left with questions, the story as a whole failed to pull me in. I felt as though very little happened and then everything happened.

Overall, I cannot say this was my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment