Tuesday 19 July 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books Set Outside The US.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature that can be found at The Broke and the Bookish. It’s been a while since I have participated in this, but I’m back to play the game! The topic for this week is my top ten books set outside of the US. Most of these will be set in Britain, as I’ll fall back on all my home-grown authors, but I’ll try and spread my wings a bit.

1.     The Lacey Flint series by Sharon Bolton. I’m including them all in one, to prevent them taking up multiple spots. Set in England.
2.     The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor. What is set on Earth mostly takes place in Prague.
3.     The Logan McRae series by Stuart MacBride. Set in Scotland.
4.     The Peter Grant series by Ben Aaronovitch. Set in England.
5.     The Lewis trilogy by Peter May. Set in Scotland.
6.     The David Raker series by Tim Weaver. Set in England.
7.     The Jack Caffery series by Mo Hayder. Set in England.
8.     The David Ash series by James Herbert. Set in England.
9.     Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton. Set in the Falkland Islands.
10.  The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Set in Australia.


Evidently, I should have added an additional aspect of ‘also not set in the UK’ as living out of the US appears to have given me an advantage. I may try this one again on a freebie day with such a criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment