Saturday 31 March 2018

Review: Getaway Girl

Getaway Girl Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Tessa Bailey’s Getaway Girl is one of those books that really appealed to me, one I was more than willing to dive into. Unfortunately, it seems to fall into a category I’ve been facing far too often recently – despite all my interest, this one let me down. I’m starting to question whether it is me, whether I am going through an off period with my reading – and if such turns out to be the case, I really hope it ends soon.

With Getaway Girl, I went in expecting one thing only to receive something else entirely. I do not mind such surprises – in fact, I’m more than willing to embrace them – yet this one failed to win me over. The story failed to grab me in the way I had been hoping it would, and I failed to care for the characters.

If the truth is to be known, I struggled with this one. A lot. I was more than willing to skim, speed-reading in the hopes of reaching the good stuff. I can see where this book will appeal to others, but it failed to hit the right buttons for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment