Friday 16 March 2018

Review: Label Me Proud

Label Me Proud Label Me Proud by Stephie Walls
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Label Me Proud is my first Stephie Walls book, and I’ll certainly be back for more. Although Label Me Proud wasn’t quite a solid four-star rating, it was so close I had to round it up, and I’m curious to see whether the author’s other work will grab me as much – or even more than – this one.

From the very start, I was sucked into Label Me Proud. The story starts off with drama, and leaves us desperate for more details of the characters, pulling us deep into the relationships and the different aspects of their lives. As the story progresses the bonds between the characters grow, the drama increases, and the pull of the story continues to grow. Without a doubt, this was one seriously addictive read.

There are plenty of friends-to-lovers books out there, but this one had so much more to it. It focused on more than just the romance, giving us a wonderful story of friendship and finding oneself. There was so much to enjoy about all the characters, so many elements of the story that sucked you in. I will admit to some of the elements being a bit predictable when it came to how the friends-to-lovers storyline played out, but the other storylines that occurred more than made up for it.

The only reason this isn’t quite a full four-star rating is because there were some points in this story where it felt as though things started to drag a bit. It wasn’t a constant thing, but it did happen a couple of times and I did fear my attention would start to slip too much. I was always sucked back in, but those few moments did leave me fearful.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with this one. Worth reading if you’re a fan of the friends-to-lovers trope.

As a side note, I have to question whether this book is linked to any of the author’s other work. If not, I want stories for some of the side characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment