Monday 12 March 2018

Review: Dirty Laundry

Dirty Laundry Dirty Laundry by Lauren Landish
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lauren Landish is an author to have grabbed my attention on many occasions, and I have been meaning to pick up many of her books. It wasn’t until I grabbed Dirty Talk, however, that I finally received my introduction to the author’s work. Having read and enjoyed Dirty Talk I told myself I would be reading more of Lauren Landish’s books, but despite downloading a few to my Kindle the second Get Dirty book is the first chance I have had to dive into another of the author’s work.

I’ll be completely honest, I did not enjoy Dirty Laundry as much as I enjoyed Dirty Talk. Each book in this series is a standalone novel, connected only by the characters, but I was interested to see how this story would play out based upon the glimpse we were given in the prior book. Not only did I enjoy the female lead, but it is one of my favourite types of romance stories – the musician. Although enjoyable in many ways, it just didn’t pack the same punch as Dirty Talk – and due to this I would label this book as more of a three-point-five-star read than the four stars I gave it. However, I did enjoy it enough to round my rating up.

I think the reason I enjoyed this one less was due to the pacing of the story. Some elements seemed to be over far too quickly whereas other elements seemed to drag on for longer than was necessary. I was enjoying what was going on, even if a few things were a bit on the predictable side, but I felt as though the pacing wasn’t quite right. With such an interesting story, with quite a few fun elements involved, pacing is essential – and there were multiple occasions where things didn’t feel quite right for me.

Nevertheless, there was plenty to keep you engaged throughout. There was plenty of drama to be found, emotions were running high, and there was steam in abundance. That said, I favoured the steam in Dirty Talk, but I preferred the actual relationship of Dirty Laundry.

There is no doubt I will be continuing with this series. I may not have enjoyed this second book as much as the first, but it was an enjoyable read. Before book three, Dirty Deeds, comes out, I plan to give Dirty Dream a read – I had planned to read it prior to Dirty Laundry but from what I’ve heard it will work perfectly fine after. When it comes to Dirty Deeds, though, my fingers are crossed as to whose story we get – I have some stories I really would like to see play out in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment