Tuesday 13 March 2018

Review: Snow And The Seven Huntsmen

Snow And The Seven Huntsmen Snow And The Seven Huntsmen by Zoe Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I concluded quite some time ago that I’m not a big fan of reverse harem, and yet I keep picking up such books. I’m not sure what it is, but the synopsis of such books always seem to grab me. I debate reading them for a while, knowing I probably shouldn’t, only to convince myself this may well be the book to change my view on the genre. Such is what happened with Snow and the Seven Huntsmen.

I’m a big lover of dark romance stories, fantasy, and retellings, so everything about this one screamed out to me. It whispered so many promises in my ear, convincing me it had enough of what I love to allow me to overcome the reverse harem element. For a while, when reading this one, I thought such was going to be the case, but in the end I felt towards this much the way I feel towards most reverse harem – I can understand the appeal but it did not tick the right boxes for me.

Zoe Blake and Alta Hensley work really well together on this one, creating a take on Snow White that will suck you in with ease. If you’re a fan of smutty reads, if you enjoy lots of erotic scenes, and you want to apply them to a classic tale, then these two authors have done it. Even though I’m not the biggest love of reverse harem, the authors had me intrigued by this one.

I’m sure fans of reverse harem will love this one, but in my case I fell into my usual trap of expecting to enjoy the genre more than I do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment