Sunday 25 March 2018

Review: Inconclusive Evidence

Inconclusive Evidence Inconclusive Evidence by Reily Garrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Inconclusive Evidence is the third book in Reily Garrett’s McAllister Justice series, and it’s another brilliant addition to the series. Those who have read Digital Velocity and Bound By Shadows will adore this instalment in the series, yet new readers can easily dive in as each book is a standalone novel. I would recommend reading in order, though – it’s such a great series, and so fun to watch as things develop, plus you really come to love the characters throughout.

Before I go any further, I just wished to make a quick note. I’m fortunate enough to beta read for Reily Garrett, lucky enough to get an insight in how these books develop. However, this does not influence my rating in any way. The beta reading process is a lot of fun, but I keep my ratings of the final book completely separate from the beta reading process.

Now, onto the good stuff.

Since I picked up my first Reily Garrett book, I’ve been a fan. I positively adore the author’s stories, well aware of what I will be given – wonderful writing, a gripping storyline, and fabulous characters. Inconclusive Evidence offers up all of those things.

From the moment you start Inconclusive Evidence, you’re lost to the story. It has all the trademarks of a Reily Garrett romantic suspense book – action, intrigue, mystery, and the underlying sexual tension between characters that we all adore. All of these things suck you in from the very start, leaving you turning the pages at a rapid pace.

With Inconclusive Evidence, however, the story is somewhat different to those in the prior books when it comes to the suspense element. It still has all you could hope for – the aforementioned action and mystery – yet it does not follow the same kind of storytelling as the prior books. This one had a much wider reaching impact, dealing with nanotechnology and the evils that could come about through the misuse of such scientific advancements. As someone who adore such stories – honestly, I eat them up at a rapid pace – I was so intrigued to see how Reily Garrett would bring it into this series. I can say right now, she does it wonderfully. For anyone who has read a thriller involving nanotechnology, know Reily Garrett hits all the great spots needed for this kind of book.

Another thing I really enjoyed about Inconclusive Evidence was how much of the family we got to see throughout the book. I’ve been a fan of the McAllister boys since Digital Velocity, yet I fell even deeper in love with them throughout Inconclusive Evidence. They really came to life in this one, we got to see how well they interact – instead of the simple snippets from the prior books, we get to see a lot of them throughout this one. If I wasn’t already in love with them, I would be now. Matt in particular – well, hot damn. I’ve been excited for Matt’s book since book one, but now I want to grab him and have him all for myself. Seeing all the brothers interacting throughout this one has only left me even more excited for the remaining books in the series – I cannot wait to see how the stories play out.

Don’t worry, it’s not just the other brothers you will be fangirling over throughout this one. The romance element throughout this story is amazing. The chemistry between the two characters is fabulous, and I loved watching the back and forth between the two of them. They may not be my favourite couple of the series – that title belongs to Caden and Kaylee – but they are absolutely perfect for each other.

Yet again, Reily Garrett has given us a strong four-star rating in the McAllister Justice series, leaving me desperate for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment