Monday 12 March 2018

Review: It Might Be You

It Might Be You It Might Be You by Jennifer Gracen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It Might Be You is the fifth book in Jennifer Gracen’s The Harrisons series, although it can be read as a standalone novel. Despite how it does work as a standalone, I read it as such, I do believe it works better if you have a better understanding of the series before entering this one. While I did enjoy this one, I feel as though I would have appreciated certain things more had I read the prior books and knew more about the characters. What I found out about them throughout this book was a lot of fun, but I feel as though I was missing out on some of the smaller things that would have made more scenes and had a bigger impact to those who have read the series in order.

It Might Be You is predominantly a romance story, but there is plenty of other elements throughout to keep you hooked to the story. There is plenty of drama, there are emotional aspects, and plenty of other goodies that will leave you sucked into this story. It’s one of those romance reads that reflect real life, offering up hope in more ways than one. In other words, it’s not just a romance story – it’s a story of life, and the good and bad that come with it.

From the very first page this one pulls you in, throwing you straight into the story. You’ll be turning pages at a rapid pace, desperate to see how everything comes together – how the romance plays out, how the family life plays out, and how the heavier topics play out. There are so many elements that will leave you engaged, so many aspects you find yourself addicted to. All in all, it’s an addictive read throughout.

Although I started at the end of the series with this one, I am now more than willing to go back and read the prior books – preferably in order this time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment