Wednesday 28 March 2018

Review: His Brother's Fiancée

His Brother's Fiancée His Brother's Fiancée by Vivian Wood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Vivian Wood is an author I’ve been meaning to read for quite some time, one of those authors who seems to grab my attention quite often. Despite having a couple of the author’s books sitting on my Kindle, His Brother's Fiancée is the first time I jumped into a Vivian Wood book.

At first, I was a little bit worried. There was nothing about this book that was screaming ‘read me, consume me in a single sitting’, as I had been hoping for. However, it was one of those books that slowly worked under my skin. I don’t know when it happened, but I quickly found myself addicted. It was turning pages, excited to see how everything came together.

One thing I will say, however, is that the synopsis left me expecting a very different book to what I was given. If I were to describe this book, I would have described it as a second chance romance between two individuals stuck in a cabin due to the snow. It’s a cliched trope, so I can understand why such a storyline was not put forward when advertising the book, yet it did mean I was shocked by what I was given.

I did enjoy the story, I cannot deny that, it simply wasn’t what I had anticipated. It wasn’t faulty advertisement per se, but it wasn’t quite as forthcoming as it could have been. Due to this, my four-star rating isn’t quite a full four stars.

Overall, I enjoyed this one. It was a fun introduction to Vivian Wood, and I’ll certainly be diving into those other Vivian Wood books I have on my Kindle soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment