Saturday 24 March 2018

Review: Bourbon & Bonfires

Bourbon & Bonfires Bourbon & Bonfires by Andrea Johnston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bourbon & Bonfires is the fourth book in Andrea Johnston’s Country Road series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. I read it without having read the prior books in the series, and I was not at any disadvantage. It is one of those interconnected series where the characters pop up throughout the books, but each individual novel has a start and end point for the romance.

Bourbon & Bonfires was exactly what I was looking for – a quick and enjoyable sweet contemporary read. It had all you could want from such a book – great characters, a fun romance, emotion, some laughter, and a story that leaves you addicted from the start until the end. It was one of those stories where I went in expecting to read a couple of chapters, only to power through it as I could not wait to see how everything came together.

You see, the romance gripped me hard. It was such a sweet story, yet it dealt with real concerns. I fell in love with the characters, I fell in love with the way their story played out, and I could not put the book down. Pages were being flipped, sentences absorbed, my desperation to find out more leaving me unable to turn away. There is no other way to say it – this one hooks you, hard.

I’m certainly interested in grabbing Whiskey & Honey, Tequila & Tailgates, and Martinis & Moonlight to find out more about the side characters that interested me so much. I’m also interested in any future books that tell the stories of any of the side characters who have not had their story told yet, as I came to really enjoy the cast in this one.

Certainly a worthwhile read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment