Sunday 11 March 2018

Review: Wilder

Wilder Wilder by LeAnn Ashers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Wilder is the second book in the Grim Sinners MC series by LeAnn Ashers. You do not need to read the first book to enjoy this one, I did not, but for a better understanding of some of the side characters you can give Lane a read first.

Like many romance readers, I enjoy a good motorcycle club read, lured in by the bad boys and chrome. Thus, I was more than willing to dive into Wilder when the chance came about. It sounded intriguing, just the kind of read in the genre to leave me wanting more.

Although I enjoyed the story of this one, I did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped I would. The storyline was interesting, there was plenty to keep you engaged throughout, but I found it extremely difficult to connect. I constantly felt like I was a step removed, as though I was not as sucked into the story as I could have been, and I think this is due to the writing. It wasn’t badly written, it was just the kind of writing style I’m not a lover of.

I’m sure many will enjoy this one, and in part I did too, but it is not a book I will be placing on my list of favourite motorcycle club reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment