Monday 12 March 2018

Review: The Power to Break

The Power to Break The Power to Break by Lisa Suzanne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Power to Break is the first book in Lisa Suzanne’s The Unbreakable Thread duet, and damn what a read. I adored it, and I need book two, The Invisible Thread, right now.

I love a good rock star romance, and The Power to Break had me hooked from the very start. It is more than just a simple rock star romance, it’s also a story of revenge, and I adore these kinds of stories. From the very first page I was sucked in, turning pages at a rapid pace, desperate to see how everything came together.

Although The Power to Break is the first book in The Unbreakable Thread duet, the books are linked to other books by the author. The characters in this one, the band, appear in other books by the author. However, you do not need to read the other books to understand this one. I read this one without any prior knowledge of the links to the author’s other work, and I had no trouble enjoy what was happening. I do now wish to go and read the other books, though, as I really enjoyed all the characters in this one and would love to see how the other stories played out.

If the other stories are anywhere near as fun as this one was, then they must be some insanely fun reads. This one had so much to it, and I can only imagine how much more I would have appreciated if I’d know more about the characters in advance. Not that I was at a disadvantage, not in any way at all, but I cannot help but consider the possibilities.

Sucking you in from the very first page, this book grabs you on so many levels. There is plenty of angst, there is plenty of drama, there is so much emotion, there is chemistry between the characters that you will adore, and there is so much more to keep you hooked from the very first page until the very last. Watching how the individual elements of the story develop, how things play off each other and come together, is wonderful. Each new element that is introduced sucks you in ever deeper, until you’re left not wanting this story to end.

Then when it does end – what an ending. It’s a serious cliff-hanger, with so many possibilities, and I cannot wait to see what comes next. I love these characters, I adore their story, and I cannot wait to dive into The Invisible Thread to see how everything comes together.

The sooner I get my hands on The Invisible Thread, the sooner I will be a happy reader.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment