Monday 18 February 2019

Review: Chasing the Stars

Chasing the Stars Chasing the Stars by Malorie Blackman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Malorie Blackman is incredibly popular, and as I’ve only read one of her books I decided it was time to read more. When I went to the library to see what they had on offer, Chasing the Stars appealed to me the most. I love a good science fiction read, and when you add in the mysterious deaths I was doubly hooked.

Unfortunately, whilst there was a lot of potential with this one, I found myself mostly indifferent to things. I never came to connect to the characters, the story, or the romance, meaning I felt very little throughout the entire story. I kept waiting for something more, for any of the things, and never really received the more I was looking for. Sure, there were a couple of nice elements thrown into the story, but it was mostly too little too late.

In many ways, Chasing the Stars was the tip of the iceberg for something more. I feel as though this one introduced us to a universe, to characters, without taking us all the way. There could easily be a sequel, or an entire series, but what I was introduced to in this one was not enough to leave me wanting more if such a thing happens.

Overall, Chasing the Stars wasn’t quite what I had expected it to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment