Saturday 2 February 2019

Review: A Single Glance

A Single Glance A Single Glance by W. Winters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Winters books (both as W. Winters and Willow Winters) and have found them to be enjoyable reads, meaning I was eager to dive into A Single Glance. It sounded like another great read, and I was eager to dive in.

Before I go into explaining my rating, I wish to give people a warning. This one ends in a cliff-hanger. There was no warning of this, and I was prepared for a complete story. It annoyed me a bit to find out such was the case, as I prefer to be prepared about such things – at the very least, I like to be told if a book is part of a series – but even my annoyance has not reduced my interest in reading the next book. I just thought people would like to be made aware of this in advance, to save the shock I had.

Now, about my rating.

Although I have given this book a three-star rating, it is more of a three-point-five-star rating. There were moments when the book was a clear four-star read, but those moments were not as plentiful as the three-star moments. I was addicted throughout, I was intrigued to see how everything came together, but I expected a bit more. I enjoyed it, yes, but it did not wow me in the way other books by the author have. It was fun, but I was left wanting.

I think my biggest issue was that it took too long before I came to feel any kind of emotion between the characters. They were interesting as individuals, but I did not care for them together. It was interesting to see how things played out, but the emotion wasn’t quite there. By the time it did come, when I was really starting to feel something, the end was nigh. At least, it’s what I thought was the end – instead, it was the cliff-hanger to leave me waiting for more.

I certainly had fun with this one and will be reading the next part of their story, but I had been expecting a wee bit more. I’m positive I’ll enjoy the next book more, though, as by the end I was really into this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment