Monday 18 February 2019

Review: Dream

Dream Dream by Natalia Jaster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Trick, a Dare, a Lie, and now a Dream. The Foolish Kingdoms series has been a delightful journey, and Dream ends it on a wonderful note.

When I started the Foolish Kingdoms series, I was a wee bit tentative. It was fun, yes, but I wasn’t completely obsessed in the way other people were. However, I was eager for more. With each new book, however, I was sucked deeper into the universe. By the time we reached Dream, I was desperate to see how everything came together.

With Dream, we get Nicu’s story. We’ve watched Nicu grow from the first book, yet it was Lie that left everyone eager for his story. We got to see elements of where Dream would take us but Lie did not prepare me for the story we were given. Dream gave us more than I’d expected, leaving me addicted from the first to the last page.

I confess, I was a tiny bit worried at first. Despite being sucked in deep from the start, there was a time early in the book where I feared the series would not be ending in a solid manner. You see, we focused heavily upon the romance, which left me worried. I did not mind this, I adored the relationship between the two, but I feared whether we would get a conclusion to the overall Foolish Kingdoms storyline.

Around the half way point, everything started to come together. The romance mixed in well with the overall series elements, and everything came together in the most glorious of ways. The romance continued in a beautiful manner and the world was brought together in a fabulous way. There were layers everywhere, so many things to unpick, and it was wonderful to watch.

I could say so much about this one, but I would never do it justice. All you need to know is Dream is the perfect conclusion to the Foolish Kingdoms series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment