Wednesday 13 February 2019

Review: The Victory Garden

The Victory Garden The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read and enjoyed a few Rhys Bowen books, which left me eager to dive into The Victory Garden. I was eager for another read that was addictive in the ways of In Farleigh Field and The Tuscan Child, and happily devoured this one.

Although The Victory Garden was an addictive read, one I was able to complete in no time at all due to my addiction, I found I did not enjoy it to the same degree as my other Rhys Bowen books. It was enjoyable, it kept me hooked, but I wasn’t quite sucked into it in the way I had hoped.

I think my issue is that I never felt the emotional connection I had expected to. There were plenty of elements throughout this story that could have left me feeling a range of emotions, yet I never felt them. I appreciated the story, but it did not pack the punch I had imagined it would.

It had great characters, an interesting storyline, and the usual addictive Rhys Bowen writing, but it wasn’t quite to the level I had hoped. It is certainly worth a read, but I cannot label this one my favourite Rhys Bowen book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment