Monday 11 February 2019

Review: Second to Surrender

Second to Surrender Second to Surrender by Alexa Whitewolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading and enjoying First to Fall, I was desperate to dive into the second book in the Moonlight Rogues series. The first book had me hooked, but this second has me addicted. I need book three, and I need it now – such is the level of addiction I am at.

The thing I loved most about First to Fall was the unique system we were introduced to, one based upon mythology and folklore that is lesser known. Second to Surrender follows that trend, and things are just as enjoyable. In fact, this one surprised me because there was even more to it than I’d expected.

I’d anticipated another unique werewolf story, one that stood independent of the first book. Yes, I received that. However, I also received a book that built upon the first in unexpected of ways. Not only do we have another unique werewolf system to engage us, but we also have some bigger questions for the series. I am not going to say what, just know plenty of things were opened for the rest of the series and I cannot wait to see how they come together. It was so much more than I bargained for, which is saying something when I went in with already high hopes.

Of course, the development of the world is just one aspect of the book. We also have more of the wonderful characters, and another great romance. A part of me wishes to say I enjoyed this romance more than the first, yet I enjoyed them both so much I cannot commit to the statement. If the rest of the series continues in this manner, it’s going to be impossible to name my favourite couple.

Without a doubt, the Moonlight Rogues series is well worth the read for fans of paranormal romance. It’s a hidden gem, a series offering us something new.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment