Saturday 16 February 2019

Review: This Ain't Love

This Ain't Love This Ain't Love by A.J. Love
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good rom-com, and This Ain’t Love had me believing such was what I would receive. Unfortunately, the humour didn’t work for me with this one. I’m sure there will be many out there who will find this one amusing, but I found the attempts at entertainment felt forced. There were a couple of moments where a small smile appeared on my face, but I never had the belly laughs I expected.

Although this one did not offer me the humour I had hoped for, it was a fun little read. It was addictive, and I was more than willing to power through. Despite being a short read, there is plenty packed into this one. Not only do we have plenty between the two main characters, but we get plenty of insight into the characters likely to get their own books later in the Harry Dukes series.

In fact, the insight we were given into many of the characters has left me super interested in seeing how their stories play out. There are certain characters in particular I am eager for more of, and I’ll certainly be giving their stories a read.

Although This Ain’t Love wasn’t quite what I’d expected, it made for an enjoyable quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment