Monday 4 February 2019

Review: A Darkness Absolute

A Darkness Absolute A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Kelley Armstrong fan, and after loving City of the Lost I was more than ready to dive into A Darkness Absolute. As I’d expected, the second book in this series was just as enjoyable as the first – leaving me with no doubt, Kelley Armstrong has created another series I’m going to be addicted to.

With A Darkness Absolute, we’re pulled ever deeper into the mysterious town and citizens that gripped us so much in the first book. As great as things were in City of the Lost, A Darkness Absolute made it clear we have only touched upon the surface of things to come. Throughout this one, we got so many more details – about individuals, about the town, about the surroundings, about how things work, and so many other goodies – bringing the world more to life.

Fear not, we also get plenty of questions. The crime within this one is complete within the book – I admit, it was a bit predictable, but I enjoyed the way in which morality was questioned through the way things were dealt with in the end – but other aspects are left open. There are no big questions, no things where we think ‘but you left it hanging’, just plenty of little things we want more of.

With plenty added to the series, A Darkness Absolute has left me desperate for This Fallen Prey.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment