Monday 4 February 2019

Review: The Sidewalk's Regrets

The Sidewalk's Regrets The Sidewalk's Regrets by Kate Larkindale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kate Larkindale’s The Sidewalk’s Regrets is one of those books that surprised me in all the best ways. I thought I had everything figured out, I rolled my eyes at the naivety of some of the characters, only to find myself surprised by the way everything played out. I love it when books surprise me, and this one certainly did.

The Sidewalk’s Regrets is a book that hooked me from the very start. I was sucked into this one from the very first page, and in no time at all I was powering through in my quest to find out how everything came together. The characters and their development intrigued me, the storyline and the places we would go had me hooked, and the realistic portrayal of teenage life left me unable to put the book down.

At first, this seemed like it would be a simple love story. However, it quickly morphed into more. It is a story with so many layers, so many elements interwoven in wonderful ways, and you will find yourself feeling all kinds of things for the characters.

I want to say so much about this one but can say so little. The tiniest of details will result in spoilers crumbling down around you, as everything is connected in such fabulous ways. Just know, there is plenty to enjoy about this one. There are countless ways in which you’ll be sucked in, and the story will linger with you long after you’ve finished.

Without giving spoilers, I just wish to say the way things ended was my favourite part of the book. I enjoyed so much of it, but I was surprised by the way things finished. It is not how most stories in this genre end, and I adored the way we were given something different. It was way more realistic than many endings, and I adored this.

There is no doubt in my mind, I’ll certainly be reading more Kate Larkingdale in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment