Wednesday 20 February 2019

Review: Tomboy

Tomboy Tomboy by Avery Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Avery Flynn hooked me with the first book in The Hartigans series, Butterface, and I was desperate for more. With Muffin Top, book two, my addition grew stronger. This third book, Tomboy, is easily my favourite in the series. In fact, it’s a strong four-point-five-star rating, nearly a five-star read. I’m unsure how the future books will live up to this one, but I’m desperate to see.

From the small introduction we were given in Muffin Top, I knew I would be hooked by Tomboy. Both main characters intrigued me, and I was excited to see how their story would develop. From the very first page, this one sucked me into their tale. I was hooked, unable to put the book down, and each new chapter sucked me in deeper.

There was so much to enjoy with this one. From the banter between the characters to the drama they faced. From how easy it was to relate to the characters to the way they developed. From the moments of humour to the more serious elements. There was plenty to be found with this one, with so much more being provided than I’d initially thought.

Plus, yet again, Avery Flynn managed to create a female lead I was able to relate to. I’ve found myself relating to all the female leads in The Hartigans series, and it was no different with this one. It was so well done, without being over the top, and I loved it.

I also adored all the new characters we were introduced to. A part of me is disappointed as there will be a wee break in The Hartigans series as we get our hockey players spin-offs, but I loved them so much the disappointment is almost non-existent. I may want more of The Hartigans series, but I’m super eager to see where the spin-off series goes. I’m eager to dive into whatever comes next.

Without a doubt, Tomboy was another winner in Avery Flynn’s The Hartigans series, easily my favourite, and I cannot wait for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment