Wednesday 28 March 2018

Review: Claimed

Claimed Claimed by Alexa Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Claimed is the third book in Alexa Riley’s For Her series, but you do not need to have read Everything for Her or His Alone to understand this one. It’s clear who the couples are from the prior books, and you will be interested in knowing more about their stories, but they are not necessary for you to understand Claimed.

As Alexa Riley is an author I’m constantly seeing, I keep telling myself to read more of the author’s books. Prior to Claimed I had only read a single Alexa Riley book, Beauty in Winter, the fourth book in the Beauty series where four authors offered up Beauty and the Beast novellas; however, I’ve had other Alexa Riley books sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read, such as Mechanic. Having read and enjoyed Claimed, I’ll certainly be diving into the couple of books sitting on my Kindle.

From the start of this one I was sucked into the story, desperately turning pages to see how things turned out. There was plenty within this story to keep you interested, from entertaining moments between the main characters to suspenseful scenes. I’ll admit that some of the suspense scenes were not as developed as I would have liked them to be, but this is simply a reflection of how I am a big fan of romantic suspense where things are much more edge of the seat. Overall, though, the story was super gripping.

My issue, however, was with our male lead. There were plenty of times where I felt uncomfortable within this one due to the behaviour of our male lead. He made me feel uncomfortable with his stalker-like ways, and the way the behaviour was brushed off did not sit right with me. I know some people enjoy these kinds of elements, but I felt really unnerved by some of his behaviour. I did consider dropping my rating because of this, but in the end I decided to keep my rounded up to four stars rating because the story was really addictive.

Overall, I enjoyed this one. I wasn’t completely happy with it, but it was a fun book to dive into.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment