Monday 12 March 2018

Review: Limelight

Limelight Limelight by Alyson Santos
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Limelight is the fourth book in the NSB series by Alyson Santos, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. It is one of those cases where you will enjoy the references and side characters more if you have read the prior books, but it does not lessen your enjoyment any if you have not read said prior books. Personally, I read it as a standalone and had no issue understanding the story.

As a fan of rock star romances, I was pulled in by the possibilities with this one. In these kinds of stories, we’re usually given male leads with an insane amount of confidence, and this one offered us up something entirely different. I really enjoyed this change to the norm. It made for a very different read in the genre, something a bit grittier than what you’re usually given, and I always love when such is the case.

What prevented me from falling head over heels with this one, however, was how long it took before I was completely sucked into the story. I was interested throughout, but for quite some time there was something that prevented me from being lost to the events. I was able to put this book aside and do something else, whereas I expected it to be impossible to put the book down for any period of time.

Overall, this was an enjoyable story but it wasn’t quite as addictive as I had hoped it would be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment