Thursday 15 March 2018

Review: Impact

Impact Impact by Danielle Norman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Impact is the third book in Danielle Norman’s Iron Orchids series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone. I read it as a standalone and the only issue I had was a small one – there were points where I found it difficult to keep all the characters straight in my head. This one has a big cast, a cast fans will have been introduced to in Enough and Almost, and I feel as though things would have been straighter in my mind had I read the prior books. It was not enough to diminish my interest in this one, but it was something I thought I would mention in case anyone else was looking to dive into the series at Impact.

I started Impact at around one in the morning, thinking I would read a couple of chapters before bed. It was a mistake to do so. I kept telling myself to put the book down and sleep, kept telling myself I had work in the morning, yet the little voice in my head was silenced – I kept turning the pages. Before I knew what had happened, it was coming up to four o’clock in the morning and I’d finished the book. Such is the level of addiction, such is how deeply this one pulls you in.

From the very start of Impact you’re intrigued by the characters and their actions, curious as to how the story will come together. You’re sucked into all the drama, all the details, and keep turning the pages as you find yourself desperate for more. With plenty going on within the story, and lots of laughter to be had, this book grips you tight throughout.

Without a doubt, I adored the relationship between the characters in this one. It was one of those stories that went from cracking me up to pulling at my heartstrings, leaving me with whiplash as I rocketed between my emotions. Throughout the relationship builds, yet there are always questions hiding under the surface and events waiting to throw you off centre – I was thoroughly engrossed, hoping and dreading the moment when everything would come together. I was so invested in the story, so desperate to see how everything came together, that I could not put the book down.

There is no doubt I will be picking up Enough and Almost in the future, as I wish to find out more about the Iron Orchids series, and I’ll certainly be grabbing the future books when they’re released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment