Monday 26 March 2018

Review: Love's Dance

Love's Dance Love's Dance by Karen Deen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

For me, Love’s Dance is a prime example of one of the classic romance copouts – the classic ‘it’s not you, it’s me’. In this case, it’s me rather than the book that seems to be the problem.

When I saw the synopsis of Love’s Dance, I was intrigued. It sounded like the type of romance read that would be perfect for me, something I would enjoy a lot. I went in expecting a book I would adore, yet for some reason I had a lot of trouble with it.

At first, I thought it was due to the crossover with the author’s prior work. Love’s Dance works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, but at the start events seem to be connected with another of the author’s books. I found my attention focused more upon the elements related to the other characters rather than on the couple in this story.

As the story progressed and started to focus solely upon our main characters, I found I still couldn’t get into it. For reasons I cannot quite place, I did not care much at all for either of our main characters. There was no clear reason for this – I just did not connect.

In the end, I think it was a case of the writing style. There was nothing wrong with it, it simply wasn’t the type of style I like. Due to this, my attention was not held in the way I had hoped it would be.

I’m sure many will enjoy this one, but it wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment