Thursday 29 March 2018

Review: Worth Every Risk

Worth Every Risk Worth Every Risk by Terri E. Laine
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Worth Every Risk was a book that screamed for me to read it, grabbing my attention instantly. Childhood friends turned lovers and second chance romances always grab my attention, so the promise of two combined left me super excited. Unfortunately, this book was not what I had expected it to be.

Worth Every Risk was my first time reading the authors – both Terri E. Laine and A.M. Hargrove – and it is clear to see they work well writing together. However, despite how smoothly the writing flowed between the two of them, the story failed to grab my attention.

I didn’t much care for either of the main characters, there was nothing about them that begged for my attention. The relationship between the two of them also failed to hold my interest. I never really felt the emotion between the two of them, never really cared much about what happened. The aspect that did interest me, the side characters, was never really explained in the way I had hoped it would be. It felt as though a lot of the side characters belong to other books, it feels as though their stories have already been told elsewhere, and despite this being a standalone novel it felt as though we were expected to have that understanding of them already.

Sadly, I failed to connect with this one in the way I had hoped. I may give both authors another try in the future, but this book was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment