Sunday 18 March 2018

Review: Garnethill

Garnethill Garnethill by Denise Mina
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Denise Mina is an author I’ve been meaning to read for quite some time. As a fan of British crime thrillers, I’m always looking for new authors to try, and Denise Mina is an author to have been mentioned many times in the past. Thus, I decided to dive in with the Garnethill trilogy.

I’ll be completely honest and say I wasn’t won over by this one. I found this one very difficult to get into, and spent the start of the book forcing myself to work my way through it. In truth, the first half of the book had me convinced I would be handing out a two-star rating. It was as we worked deeper into the story that I became more intrigued, more willing to turn the page.

Don’t get me wrong, this one didn’t wow me. However, it did win me over in the end. There were plenty of elements added to this one, many things that left me curious. I wasn’t crazy about everything, but I was interested in seeing how everything came together. Due to that, I am interested in picking up the other two books to see how Maureen O’Donnell’s story ends. My fingers are crossed the next two books will be more enjoyable, and that they will build solidly upon the foundation set out in Garnethill.

Overall, Garnethill was not what I had been hoping for but I will be picking up Exile and Resolution to get some answers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment