Wednesday 14 March 2018

Review: Lost Ones

Lost Ones Lost Ones by Nicole French
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lost Ones is the second book in Nicole French’s Bad Idea series, and it worked perfectly fine as a standalone novel. Despite references to events that clearly took place in the first book, I was not lost when reading this. That being said, based upon review I have read, this one would have packed a stronger punch if I had read the prior book first. Therefore, while you can read this without having read the first, the consensus seems to be not to do so.

All in all, this was an enjoyable enough read. There was plenty of drama and angst throughout this one, a story that leaves you curious as to how it will play out, and yet I wasn’t crazy about this. In theory it should have ticked all of my boxes, but I never really felt the connection to the story that I had been hoping for. It was interesting, but it was not sucked in as deeply as I would have liked to be.

I think one of the reasons for my inability to become as attached as I could have been was the length of this one. It wasn’t an overly long story, but at times it felt as though it was. Things seemed to go in circles somewhat, they did not feel as though they were moving forward. I wanted to know what was going to happen, yet there were points when I did not feel as though we were moving towards answers. Due to this, there were times when I found my attention slipping slightly.

Although enjoyable, this wasn’t quite what I had expected. I may go and read the prior book, and then come back to this one, to see if my view changes with more knowledge – however, it is not something that is very high up my list of things to do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment